Committee on Discipline Rules Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Revised September 2021
COD Rules in PDF
In addition to the HTML format above, the current COD Rules are available as a PDF. Printed copies of the COD Rules are available from the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.
Please note: The COD Rules have been updated with updates to take effect on September 3, 2021; the above link contains the newest PDF copy of the rules and the above weblinks have been updated to the new rules. You can find the PDF copy of the rules effective August 1, 2021 through September 2, 2021 below.
Special Procedures for COVID-19 Policy Violations
The Committee on Discipline (COD) has authorized OSCCS to use an expedited process to resolve suspected COVID-19 policy violations; for more information on the expedited process, click here.
Archive of Past COD Rules
In addition to the current edition of the COD Rules posted above, a copy of the past COD rules are provided for your reference:
- COD Rules, effective July 2013 until June 2015
- COD Rules, effective June 2015 to November 2015
- COD Rules, effective November 2015 to February 2019
- COD Rules, effective February 2019 to August 13, 2020
- COD Rules, effective August 14, 2020 to July 31, 2021
- COD Rules, effective August 1, 2021 to September 2, 2021